Watermelon Chiffon Pie Recipe
Whipping cream, gelatin, and watermelon form the base for a deliciously refreshing no-bake pie, perfect for summer.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups pureed seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup powdered confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 egg whites, stiffly-beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- One 10-inch prepared graham cracker crust (or two 8-inch)
- Whipped cream to garnish
Pour cold water into a large bowl and sprinkle with unflavored gelatin. Let sit for 5 minutes to soften. Stir in boiling water until combined. Add watermelon, confectioners' sugar, and lemon juice, stirring to combine. Let come to room temperature, then refrigerate until the mixture begins to thicken.
Fold stiff egg whites and whipped cream into the thickened watermelon gelatin until combined. Smooth into prepared graham cracker crust and refrigerate pie until firm. Garnish each serving with additional whipped topping.
Yield: 10 servings